FORM’s patent pending MTB shims are the only “walkable” MTB shim on the market, and were developed specifically to overcome the issues inherent in traditional MTB shim designs, those being;
– a difficulty when walking or clipping in
– a wobbly and unstable connection to the pedals
FORM’s product solves these issues by using:
– 2 parallel tread areas to protect the cleat and add clipped in stability
– chamfered front feet which facilitate easy cleat engagement
– two sets of posts/tabs which protrude into the shoe to resist rotation
These shims are ideal for gravel, cyclocross or cross country MTB riding where a relatively high amount of time is spent in seated pedalling, and are best suited to traditional MTB, gravel, or touring shoes utilising an MTB style (2-hole) cleat.
Leg length shims are used to increase the effective leg length of a shorter leg in cases where a cyclist suffers from a leg length discrepancy. Signs of a discrepancy can be:
a) overreaching on one side at the bottom of the pedal stroke
b) pelvis tilted or rider leaning to one side of the saddle to retain connection with the pedals
c) one leg feeling under-extended whilst the other feels just right
Assuming a rider has been assessed to have a discrepancy, the issues above could be solved with the use of leg length shims. Shimming will create a more equal leg extension, stabilise the pelvis and lead to a smoother and more controlled pedal stroke.
* The V2 shim is compatible with all MTB style cleats, including SPD, Time ATAC, Crank Bros.
KIT INCLUDES: 3MM MAIN BODY / CLEAT PLATE / 2MM STACKER / 1MM STACKER / SCREWS
We've racked up over 150, 5-Star reviews? Take a look for yourself here, or visit our Google profile here.